Although hats were considered functional attire in the public setting, things have changed since the early 20th century. It has become entirely optional for individuals to choose a hat and style themselves. Today, hats have become a fashion ensemble with a practical side. Today, experts discuss the best ways of wearing classic hats and creating that appeal.
For a modern man, style and confidence are the two vital factors hovering in their mind when they pick a hat. It’s because fashion trends keep on changing. Hence, staying up to date with fashion trends is very appropriate. Along with this, they do not even want to lose sight of traditions. Thus, hat wearing has evolved, and thereby people have to be up to date with the changes.
- The tradition of hat wearing got revived
Various factors reveal how the hat-wearing culture has declined. Ever since the 1960s, the decline has been well established. The sales of hats dropped drastically across nations. While the story got viewed in print and audio-visual media, things have changed lately. Particularly in the western world, men of the aristocratic section were the only individuals wearing different styles of hats. In the early 1970s, the hat-wearing tradition revived, while people started taking an interest in different categories of hats.
Slow and steady public leaders and film stars started featuring themselves with different styles of hats and creating an impression.
Whether it was the formal occasion or inauguration parties, world leaders were seen wearing Holmberg, fedoras, and wide brim hats, and thereby, the hat-wearing culture soon revived.
- The cultural shift in hat wearing
With the beginning of the Second World War, people became interested in wearing hats. It became a part of the official uniform and helped in place of the helmet. Slow and steady civilians also took an interest in different styles of hats for practical purposes. Irrespective of the historical case, hat started bringing a renaissance in the western world. It was probably an attribute of stylish television shows and radio programs. More and more individuals started experimenting with classic hats and making a new style became a trend.
- How to look versatile with classic headwear?
Now that you know so much about classic men’s headwear, it’s time to look into the transition and the best ways of wearing traditional headwear effectively. They have remained in the fashion industry, whether beanies, fedora, Panama, or trucker caps. Today you have versatile headways creating a commotion in the minds of the youngsters. However, what is the secret to wearing hats with vogue? Experts are here to answer your question:
- Find your hat style: First and foremost, you have to find a headwear style that complements your face. Not every hat looks similar. Hence, the way they will look on your face will be very different from that of others. Hats come in different sizes and shapes and create a unique impression. Hence, you have to choose the one that harmonizes your natural proportion and draws all eyesight towards you.
- Look at your skin tone: You must be thinking that head size makes a difference, but how is skin tone important? Once you have decided on the style, skin tone is the second important area to bring under deliberation. Remember that every hat color will not look similar to you. Hence, go for those shades that compliment your skin color and harmonize with your overall appearance. Since hats are available in different tints and tones, you can go for lighter or pale shades depending on your skin tone, for example, navy blue is best for medium skin tone, and dark green is best for fair skin tone.
- Choose your hat size:The hat size also plays a vital role in color. Oversized headwear is appropriate for casual events, but well-fitted hats are apt for every occasion. Whether it’s Panama hats, trucker caps, snapbacks, or fedora hats, well-fitted headwear is always the best option. You can take your costume to the pinnacle when you wear the hats appropriately. Along with this, your overall accessories and style must be in balance with the headgear.
The more prepared you are with the headwear; the better will be the impression. Remember that what you wear expresses your personality. Hence, ensure that every element of your outfit is in proper proportion. Along with this, you have to pay attention to the occasion. For example, official events call for fedora hats, whereas casual events call for trucker caps.
You must consider the experience, your facial features, head size, and the weather. The more you know about these factors, the better your selection of a hat will be. Remember that classic hats have a different appeal. Hence, you have to be cautious of hat etiquette before selecting your traditional headwear.